A course taking Counter Fraud investigators safely through the dark net. The course builds up an understanding of basic internet networking, anonymising technology, Tor and darknet markets.
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of internet networking and methods of staying safe and anonymous whilst conducting online investigations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what the Dark Web is, and the unique opportunities it gives to fraudsters.
- Outline the legal, ethical and operational issues surrounding the use of the Dark Web.
- Demonstrate how to stay safe whilst using Tor and viewing Dark Web sites.
- Safely explore how ‘dark markets’ work, and examine their role in fraud.
- Outline how cryptocurrency is used on the Dark Web, and identify its core uses in fraud and money laundering.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of the methods available to combat fraud on the Dark Web.